I made a documentary about prospective cohort studies in epidemiology, they’re the tool we use to find out if one thing is associated with another, where trials are impossible. It’s really good. Instead of reading about it, listen here:
Or listen live when it’s repeated tonight on Radio 4 at 9pm.
Previously from me on Radio 4:
– This documentary on the placebo effect:
– This award winning one on The Rise of the Lifestyle Nutritionists:
– And this documentary on libel and science:
– If you prefer video, here’s me shouting in a car:
– More of that kind of thing here:
(Declaration: me and Mrs Bad Science both work on these kinds of datasets).